In an emergency, MCFA will pay for your foster animal to be
stabilized by either Tellico Bay Animal Hospital or the Monroe County Animal Hospital. If you
cannot reach either of these offices, you are authorized to contact the "Animal ER of Knoxville"
listed below. Surgery or extraordinary procedures
will NOT be covered by MCFA without the approval of the shelter director and a MCFA
Board member. Please understand that you may not be reimbursed if you
bring your foster animal to your own veterinarian.
When you are fostering and something happens with the animal you
are fostering that you consider an emergency, please follow these procedures:
Emergency at Night and on Weekends:
- When you are fostering and something happens with the animal you are fostering that you
consider an emergency, please follow these procedures:
contact the Foster Coordinator, Cathy Barrett, 423-884-2515 (h) or 630-730-9729 (cell).
- If Cathy is not available and this is a true emergency, call Tellico Bay Animal Hospital at
423-884-3646 or the Monroe County Animal Hospital at 423-337-7432.
(Please be aware that you may not be reimbursed if you bring the foster animal to your
- Tellico Bay Animal Hospital, Vonore -
- Monroe County Animal Hospital - 116 Sands Rd, Sweetwater -
Off Hwy 68, past the Lost Sea
Call the following for advice on what to do in an emergency when
the shelter and veterinarian's offices are closed:
- Liz Sneed - 423-404-4650 (cell)
- Cathy Barrett - 423-884-2515 / 630-730-9729 (cell)
If you cannot reach anyone and need to get emergency help, call the emergency clinic:
Animal ER of Knoxville - 215 Center Park Dr. - Knoxville -