If you're interested in making on-going donations, an easy way to donate is through Chewy's Autoship program.
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to individually thank you for your generosity. Please accept our woofs and meows as thanks.
For a tax-deductible receipt or donation acknowledgement, please email: .
|Call the shelter for information on how you can help make a difference: 423.442.1015
||Commit to spending a number of hours per week or month as a volunteer at the shelter or the thrift store. There are many worthwhile positions in which our volunteers serve.
Call 423.442.1015 to set up a date for orientation and to fill out the necessary paperwork.
|Foster an adult dog or cat for Second Chance Pals.
||WANTED:A few good hearts and homes. Become a volunteer for Second Chance Pals by fostering one of our adult dogs or cats. These animals are the ones most at risk in a shelter environment. Each has been screened for adoptability and temperament.
|Become part of our popular
puppy rescue through Rolling Rescue.
||Become part of the Rolling Rescue effort by fostering abandoned puppies for two weeks before they go north to find their new homes.
You may choose to donate $25 per puppy or kitten to help send them on the next RR run.
|Support MCFA as a
||If you have a business, please consider becoming a Business Booster with a donation to our annual gala in January.
If you don't have a business, please support our Business Boosters by visiting their businesses and tell them how much you, as a customer, appreciate their support!
Many animals pass through the shelters doors each day andnd we
are always in need of items to help care for them.
We currently need both Kuranda Beds for the outdoor kennels and black wire crates for transport,
set up, and foster purposes. When the shelter is overflowing, we often use the black crates to
temporarily house animals inside the shelter. The sizes most needed are the LG and XLG plastic beds.
Click on the link of the left to go to the Kuranda website & order.
We have recently ordered replacement parts so we can fix a few of the broken ones at the shelter.
But we still have some kennels without beds in them.
Black wire crates can be purchased directly from Luv A Pet on Hwy 411 in Madisonville -
at a discount. Remind them that the shelter is tax exempt. We can send someone down to pick up
any crates ordered for the shelter. 42 - 48 inch crates are most needed. We also use these
crates at our PetSmart Adoptions events. Many times we do not have crates large enough for
larger dogs and other rescues sometimes loan us their larger crates.
Donating is just one of the many ways in which you can help the shelter.
Please help us help the animals.
|Animal Rescue Site
||Click every day to have
free food donated to our shelter. They send reminders so it's super easy plus the added benefit of reading heartwarming rescue stories!
|Participate in our next Road Block event to raise money from folks driving through our county. Check our calendar for next event, including contact, time and place.
| Donate your next-to-new-but-no-longer-needed household goods, furniture, jewelry and fashion clothing and accessories to our thrift store. See Thrift Store link for information.
|Become a member of MCFA with your membership fee of $25. See Membership link for details.
|Take a look at our Wish List and choose the items you would like to donate. Dogs and cats both need supplies to cope with the stress of shelter environment and the shelter itself always has a list of general supplies.
|Celebrate a Birthday or Holiday or make a Memorial bequest to MCFA in honor of a someone who loves animals.
|Include MCFA in your estate planning.
|Sponsor a shelter kennel run for $20 per month. We'll put your picture and name on a kennel to denote your gift.
|Signs for our Kennels: Each sign will have your name, perhaps the name of your pet or in memory
of someone, printed in the sponsorship area of the sign. The sign will be attached to the kennel
for one (1) year. It will provide food, medications, bedding, etc. for all animals that are housed
in that kennel during the year.
Checks can be sent to MCFA - P.O. Box 106 - Vonore, TN 37885
- Dog Kennel Sponsors - $250
- Cat Room Sponsors - $100
Do you shop at Amazon.com? If so, consider signing in through
Once you're logged in, you can select your charity of choice (Monroe County Friends of Animals).
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as
Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5%
of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Every item available for purchase on www.amazon.com is also available on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) at
the same price. You will see eligible products marked "Eligible for AmazonSmile donation" on their product
For more information, please see:
Monroe County Shelter's Amazon Wish List
Kroger Community Rewards Program: Monroe County Friends of Animals is a member of
the Kroger Community Rewards Program. All you have to do is register using the
instructions below. Then just shop, swipe your card, and MCFA will be rewarded!
Use the code 50216 for our organization.
- Rgister online at www.kroger.com/communityrewards
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the New Customer? box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number (50216) or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
BISSELL’s Partners for Pets
Monroe County Friends Of Animals, Inc. is proud to be a Partner for Pets! BISSELL and LostPetUSA.net
have teamed up to help organizations like ours raise money, and now you can help too! When you
purchase pet products on www.bissell.com and enter the code ADOPT at checkout, a portion of your purchase will be donated to our organization!
- Shop pet products on www.bissell.com
- Enter the code ADOPT at checkout
- Then select Monroe County Friends of Animals, Inc.
Learn more at www.bissell.com/partnersforpets/
|Last, but not least, adopt an animal from our shelter! It could change your life for the better, but will also give one of these abandoned animals a second chance at a new life.
If you already have pets, treasure the time you share with them. It's never long enough...